Est. 1941


D-WHY • Don't Flatter Yourself (1 Year Anniversary)

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Date: 08-15-13
Original Cover Artwork by: William Marple
Photo by: Sequoia Manuelle
Words by: David Morris

Dear Friends,

It's incredible for me to say this, but it's been exactly one year to the day since I released 'Don't Flatter Yourself.' Thank you all for making it such a special and important project. I put my heart and soul into it - it is an extension of me. Every day, people are still discovering it, still listening to it, and still getting to know me (if you don't have it yet, get it for free at D-WHY.com). The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and is more than what I had hoped for. It made all of the sleepless nights, stress and struggle worth it. I feel like it was the perfect project to lay the groundwork and open the doors for me as an artist to be ambitious, be creative and be myself.

I know you all have been waiting for a while for new music, and I promise you that it's coming very soon. I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. I want to make music that matters and lasts. I plan on being around for quite a long time and am in no rush. I let my music speak for me, and I choose my words wisely.

What you hear on D.F.Y. is the foundation for what is next to come. The 'Young, Loved, Hated & Broke' EP is almost finished and will be yours within the next six weeks (6-8 new songs, release date announcement coming soon), followed by another full-length project sometime next year. I just wanted to take this time to write to you all to thank you, to praise you, and to tell you that this is just the beginning. I look forward to our journey ahead. Thank you for seeing, understanding, and supporting my music, my vision and my passion. I love you all.

Your friend,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment